Whoever said you can’t have cupcakes for breakfast has never tried my Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes with Maple Cream and Maple glaze!
This is a breakfast of champions!
Here is my new recipe for egg free dairy free cinnamon blueberry cupcakes that are so light, so airy, so tender they will transcend you to cupcake heaven!
Or better yet the House of Pancakes will get a run for their money after tasting these bad boys!
Packed with so much flavor from cinnamon in the cupcakes loaded with blueberries and piled with maple buttercream and maple glaze!
A little starburst for “the butter pat” but be sure if you are 100% vegan you get starburst from the UK since here in the USA they are putting gelatin in it! Bleck! Boo!
Or you can simply make the butter pat out of fondant.
Prepare a half recipe vegan version buttercream ahead of time and add 3 teaspoons of maple extract
Cube Fondant is the best commercial productto use but if you prefer to use a homemade sugar glaze use 1 cup confectioners sugar with some milk to thin to desired consistency
- Combine all the dry ingredients including the light brown sugar in a mixing bowl and blend well.
- Combine the almond milk with the vanilla extract
- Add the shortening to the dry ingredients on the mixer bowl and blend on medium speed to a measly consistency
- Slowly add the almond milk while mixing on medium speed until all is incorporated, then whip on high speed for 30 - 45 seconds
- Portion the batter into the cupcake liners and then sprinkle the blueberries on top, press them slightly down into the batter but so that they remain seen.
- Bake immediately at 350°F preheated oven for approximately 22minutes or until they start to get golden browned and springy to the touch when gently pressed in the centers.
- Cool completely while you prepare the maple buttercream
- Next warm the cube fondant and add 2 teaspoons of maple extract to thin out with a teaspoon of water
- Decorate the cupcakes as shown in the video
Refrigerate for longer storage up to 1 week
Un-iced cupcakes can be frozen for up to 2 months wrapped well