If you love coconut you must love Coconut Macaroons.
Once of the easiest (if not THE easiest!) cookies to make since you don’t need a mixer.
All you need is a big bowl and your two hands.
The Hershey’s Kisses are optional but highly recommended!
In less than 20 minutes you can be eating coconut macaroons~ yep! that’s how easy!
(You can also make this a gluten free cookie by using a gluten free all purpose blend!)
Check out this super quick video to show you how to mix them!
I like the look of a compacted scooped macaroon and why I use a cookie scoop, you can roll these cookies by hand as well.
Preheat oven to 350°f
- Sweetened Flake Coconut 2½ cups (225g)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk ⅔ cup (200g)
- All Purpose Flour ⅓ cup (42g)
- Salt pinch
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- 12 Unwrapped Hershey's Kisses *optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together until uniform distributed and you have a sticky mass of coconut dough
- Scoop with a 1½ ounce cookie scoop a compacted amount of macaroon paste and then place them spaced 1" apart onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°f oven for 10 minutes then add the Hershey Kiss to the top of each one and bake for another 8 minutes until golden browned.
- Be careful not to over bake these or they will become crunchy (unless of course you like them that way, in which case, bake away)