Fudge Brownies are no doubt my choice in the brownie world hands down!
No cake style here!
If I wanted a cake-y brownie I would eat a piece of chocolate cake!
These are so chewy and gooey with the addition of Fudge Icing you can’t go wrong!
Or for those of you prefer a less sweet, more “adult style” icing I urge you to try them with Ganache!
I will admit I was caught off guard at just how AMAZING these brownies really are; and you may see my surprise at the end of this video when I took the first bite!
I almost changed the name to better than sex brownies! Woops!
Don’t tell Chris! LOL
I then proceeded to eat the entire brownie, and then another 4 over the next 3 days!
I had to give them away PRONTO since those 15 brownies started to dwindle quite fast in my presence.
I should include a warning with this recipe ~ to be sitting down when you do try them!
For more brownie options click here for my complete list of brownies! You will seriously not know where to start! Warning Dangerous!
Preheat Oven to 350° F
Have your ingredients at room temperature before beginning
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup (125g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (7g)
- Salt ¾ teaspoon (5g)
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate Chopped 12oz (335g) (2 cups)
- Butter unsalted 2 sticks (1 cup) (226g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 cups (400g)
- Eggs 6 Large (300g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 Tablespoon
- Toasted Walnuts Optional 1½ cup (262g)
½ RecipeFudge Icing
- OR ½ Recipe Ganache
- Combine the sugar and the eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously to incorporate evenly.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl or over a double boiler melt the butter and the chocolate ]together, slowly to not scorch.
- In the microwave on med power 15-25 Seconds at a time and stirring between each interval.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Add the melted chocolate & butter mixture to the egg/sugar mixture and whisk to incorporate
- Add all of the dry ingredients at once and mix just until incorporated.
- Add Nuts if desired, then pour entire batter in prepared pan and bake in preheated 350° F oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center produces a moist crumb.
- CLICK HERE TO KNOW WHEN THE BROWNIE IS DONE
- When completely cooled Ice with Fudge Icing or Ganache- it is your preference
To make the equivalent of 1 ounce (28g) Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate:
Mix 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder + 4 teaspoons sugar + 1 tablespoon softened butter, shortening or vegetable oil