Ahhh yes summer is here!
How about a combination of treat & cocktail with my Limoncello Sorbet?
There is nothing better than a frozen dessert (or cocktail) to beat the summer heat!
Sorbets are simple to make but of course you will need an ice cream freezer to churn it into that fluffy, fruity concoction of sorbet goodness.
There is a way to make ice cream and sorbet without investing in an ice cream machine though, so click here to see how to do that!
If you are not into alcohol but still want a refreshing lemon sorbet simply omit the limoncello liquor and add ½ cup additional water and 2 tablespoons additional lemon juice to the recipe.
This recipe can also be made with other fruit purees too, how about Strawberry Limoncello Sorbet?
Just substitute Strawberry Puree for the lemon juice and voila! you have just made a new version!
- Granulated Sugar 3 cups (600g)
- Water 4 cups (960ml)
- Vanilla Bean *optional 1
- Lemon Juice 1¼ cup (300ml)
- Limoncello 1 cup (240ml)
- Lemon Zest from 4 lemons (approx 1 Tablespoon)
- Lemons for making lemon cups *optional as needed depending on your guest count
- Combine the water and granulated sugar with the vanilla bean seeds & pod in a large heavy sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, limoncello and lemon zest
- Cool to COLD for several hours or overnight
- Meanwhile hollow out the lemons for the sorbet cups and freeze them until the sorbet is ready
- Once it is cool you can remove the vanilla bean pod & strain the mixture if you do not want the lemon zest in your final sorbet (I like to keep it in)
- Pour the cold sorbet base into the work bowl of a frozen ice cream machine as per the instructions on your particular model
- Spoon the sorbet into the prepared frozen lemon cups and keep frozen until serving time