Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes.
Sometimes there is no introduction necessary and here is one of those times.
The pictures speaks a thousand words.
And the title…… yeah.
You’re welcome 🙂
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate 6 ounces (170g)
- Unsalted Butter 10 Tablespoons (140g)
- Granulated Sugar 1¼ cups (250g)
- Large Eggs 4 (200g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- All Purpose Flour 1 cups (125g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- For the Peanut Butter Swirl:
- Cream Cheese ⅓ cup (90g)
- Peanut Butter ½ cup (130g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Large Egg 1 (50g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Whole Milk 1½ Tablespoons (21g)
- First prepare the Brownie Batter:
- Combine the butter and chocolate together and melt on med-high power in the microwave in 25 second intervals, and stir very well between each interval until completely melted OR combine the butter & chocolate together in a small sauce pot and melt over low heat while stirring constantly
- In a larger mixing bowl combine the sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk together very well
- Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture to the egg & sugar mixture, whisk to incorporate everything together.
- Add the sifted flour all at once and blend just until incorporated.
- Portion the batter into lined muffin cups and fill about ⅔ to the top
- [b]Next prepare the Peanut Butter Mixture:[/b]
- Cream the cream cheese smooth
- Add the sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until combined well.
- Add the egg
- Add the milk last
- Drop spoons of peanut butter batter into the center of each of the brownie cupcakes, pushing it down slightly so it is not sticking up out of the batter too much
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven on the center rack for approximately 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs on it. If the toothpick comes out dry, your brownie will also be dry. If the toothpick still has gooey batter on it, then your brownie will also be gooey in the center. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOUR BROWNIE IS BAKED
I find that the iced cupcakes will need refrigeration only because the icing will get soft and droopy without it. But nothing will go bad if it stays at room temperature for hours or even a day in cool temperatures.
Freeze cupcakes for up to 1 month
You will need a HALF recipe of the Buttercream Recipe of your choice. I used the American Style Buttercream because I love how easy it is and so tasty!
Add ½ – 1 cup of peanut butter to the buttercream at the last stage of mixing (you can adjust the peanut butter more or less to your liking) and then of course you will need the Fudge Icing recipe as well. (Half recipe there too)
Swirl those together in a large pastry bag fitted with a #826 Ateco tip ~ like I show you in the video tutorial and then all you have to do is try not to eat all of them in one sitting!!