Those who know me, know my obsession with caramel!
Ok well, specifically chocolate and caramel together.
But honestly who wouldn’t be obsessed with a salted caramel chocolate tart~ I mean honestly!?
Creamy caramel filling with chunks of chocolate in every bite! Buttery chocolate cookie tart shell.
Need I say more!?
This recipe is very simple to make – however we are cooking caramel and that means very hot temperatures so PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
I cannot stress this enough- and I know you guys must be sick of me stressing it already on every caramel recipe I share- but I still have scars from cooked caramel splashing me over 20 years ago!!
Ok, enough with the mothering!
Go make this tart! You will LOVE IT!
And a pleasant surprise (as you will see in the video) you won’t have to wait very long before you can eat it!
Oh by the way you will need a Tart Pan to make this tart!
Blind bake the tart shell before beginning this recipe
- Cook the sugar and water in a heavy bottom sauce pot on high heat until light amber color
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, be extremely careful for the boil and bubble up
- Stir with a wooden spoon gently to incorporate
- Allow to cool for 10- 15 minutes
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl through a strainer to catch any sugar crystals that may have formed
- Whisk in the eggs
- Spread the chocolate chunks in the bottom of the pre-baked and slightly cooled tart shell
- Pour caramel mixture over the chocolate chunks and into the tart shell and then bake in a preheated 325°F oven for approx 30 minutes or until the mixture is slightly jiggly in the center like Jell-O but not liquid.
- Cool completely and refrigerate until it is set and firm.
- Add optional garnish of ganache drizzle as shown in the video and a sprinkling os course sea salt