Just in time for camping season!
This year you will be the star of summer with S’mores Cookies!
Forget the Hershey bars, prepackaged marshmallows and graham crackers; these make ahead cookies are so good they may not even make it to the camp sight!
With homemade marshmallows and buttery, honey graham cracker cookie dough, you will be sure to ask for S’more!
Each one complete with the cutest decor of roasted marshmallows on a stick! (A spaghetti stick that is!)
These adorable cookies are easier than they look!
I hope you try them!
Here I used a 2" Square Cookie Cutter, but you can use any shape & size you like
- FOR THE DOUGH
- Unsalted Butter 2 sticks (226g)
- Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup (53g)
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Honey 2 Tablespoons (42g)
- Molasses 2 Tablespoons (42g)
- All Purpose Flour 2 cup (250g)
- Graham Flour (ground up graham cracker crumbs) ½ cup (45g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- FOR THE MARSHMALLOW
- Cold Water ⅓ cup (80ml)
- Plain Gelatin Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Light Corn Syrup ½ cup (120ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3- 5 minutes.
- Add the Honey and the Molasses all at once, and mix well to combine, scraping the sides of the bowl to incorporate
- Sift together the flour, graham cracker crumbs and salt and add to the creaming butter mixture all at once, mix on low speed to incorporate, mix well.
- Turn dough out onto plastic wrap, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before rolling.
- This dough must be chilled for several hours before rolling. You must give the dough time to absorb the flour and allowing it to “relax” so it rolls properly.
- Once out of the fridge you must re-roll this dough as it may be very crumbly, dry and break apart. Do not be alarmed, as this is NORMAL for any dough of this nature! Mash it all together and knead it all back together, then RE-roll on a generously floured work surface until it is pliable.
- Roll to about ¼" thickness, then cut your shapes and place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated to 350° F oven for approximately 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- It is difficult to say how long exactly – as I do not know what shapes and sizes you are cutting or to what thickness you desire, but mine took about 18 minutes until they were golden browned.
- Remember the scraps can be re rolled several times so there is very little waste here.
- Once the cookies have been baked and fully cooled you can prepare the marshmallow filling as follows
- MARSHMALLOW: In a small sauce pot bloom the gelatin in the water.
- After 5 minutes turn on the heat and add the sugar to the gelatin.
- Melt the sugar and dissolve the gelatin over a low flame, do not boil.
- Transfer entire contents to a mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the corn syrup and whip on high speed until it is to resemble marshmallow.
- It will be cooled or slightly warm to the touch, white, fluffy and have almost tripled in volume.
- At this point you are to work quickly as the gelatin will begin to set once it gets cold.
- Transfer the entire mixture toa Pastry Bag fitted with a straight tube or a coupler with no tip inserted.
- Pipe the marshmallow onto one cookie and then sandwich with another cookie
- Dip in tempered chocolate
Freeze cookies airtight for up to 1 month