Even better than the first time!
My Almond Joy Cake is back by popular demand and this time it is better than ever!
I told ya 3 times a charm at Gretchen’s Bakery!
Let’s get right to it because I know you are just going coco-NUTS from the picture!
Yeah, it is as good as it looks! Actually wait! It’s BETTER!
For the Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe substitute almond milk for the milk and add 2 teaspoons almond extract
Bake the chocolate cake into 3-7" pans to get the 3 thinner layers like I have shown in the video.
Bake the almond-vanilla sponge cake into 2-7" pans as well (in the video I used 1 7" pan and then torted it- it is your option to do whatever is easiest for you
- ½ Recipe Chocolate Cake
- ½ Recipe Vanilla Sponge Cake *see note above
- ½ Recipe Swiss Buttercream
- ½ Recipe Ganache
- Almond Joy candy bars as needed *optional garnish
- COCONUT FILLING:
- Sweetened Flake Coconut 3 cups (255g)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 cup (237ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Almond Flour ½ cup (48g)
- Prepare all the base recipe in advance- see notes above for what size pans and how many layers you will get
- Prepare the coconut filling by combining all 4 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut is moistened and everything is evenly distributed.
- Assemble the cake as shown in the video tutorial
Sorry for the confusion!