This recipe for apple cinnamon cake layers was created specifically to go into my Caramel Apple Layer Cake ~ an EPIC building on recipes extravaganza!
But quite honestly, this cake packs enough flavor all by itself, even with no icing or filling it can be a really delicate snack cake!
So if you are not ready to dive into the whole caramel layer cake fiesta, then simply bake this entire recipe into a bundt pan and you will be in apple cinnamon cake heaven!
But if you are like me and “it’s all about that caramel” then follow me through all the way to the end!
- Unsalted Butter 3 sticks (336g)
- All Purpose Flour 1½ Cups (195g)
- Cake Flour ¾ cup (90g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoons (7g)
- Baking Soda 1½ teaspoons (7g)
- Salt ¾ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon 2 teaspoons (10g)
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Light Brown Sugar ¾ cup (158g)
- Eggs Large 4 (200g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 Tablespoon
- Apples Shredded from 3 medium apples approx 2½ cups (300g)
- First you will prepare a browned butter as shown in the video.
- Discard the butter solid residue.
- Sift together the flours, salt, cinnamon and the baking soda and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a another separate bowl combine both sugars and the eggs with the vanilla & whisk smooth.
- Add the reserved (slightly cooled) browned butter to the sugar - egg mixture.
- Add the flour mixture all at once and mix until it is all combined well.
- Add the apples and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and bake immediately in preheated 350° F oven.
- Cake layers will take approximately 25 -35 minutes.
- Check out UNTIL ITS DONE for more clarity on baking times.