The idea for this cake came to me when I was about to make my fabulous Banana Streusel Coffeecake for the 5th time this month.
I spotted the unfinished bag of Butterfingers across the room, and BLAMMO!
It hit me!
Banana Butterfingers Coffeecake was born!
It was a blissful conception all the way through to the birthing of this big bad baby!
Just wait until you try this cake!
I am not sure whether you will thank me or damn me, since it is quite dangerous!
It is so very versatile in that it can be made into just about any cake pan you choose.
Cupcakes, Bundt cakes, regular 8″ cake pans to build this into a fabulous layer cake for someone’s birthday!
The possibilities are truly endless; as will be the amount of times you make this recipe!
**I know in the video I said Peanut Butter Butterfingers coffeecake…but I meant to say Banana! Woops
It’s ok though because the Butterfingers candy bar IS Peanut Butter!
All ingredients are to be at room temperature
Preheat oven to 375°F
Prepare ganache in advance and reserve until needed
Chop butterfingers roughly into ¼" to 1" pieces
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (260g)
- Baking Powder 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Unsalted Butter ½ cup (1 stick) (112g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Salt 1½ teaspoons (7g)
- Eggs large 2 (100g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Ripe Bananas medium sized 3 (approx 350g)
- Buttermilk ½ cup (120ml)
- Butterfingers candy about 18 fun sized bars *chopped to 2 cups
- ½ Recipe Ganache
- Cream the butter and sugar together on medium to high speed for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Combine the eggs with the vanilla extract and whisk together. Slowly add the egg / vanilla mixture to the butter / sugar mixture while beating on low- medium speed. Scrape bowl to ensure no lumps remain while blending in the rest of the egg.
- Add the mashed ripe bananas and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and soda and salt and add to the mixer, beat on low speed to combine well.
- Add the buttermilk slowly while mixing on medium speed.
- Add the chopped butterfingers candy, mix to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake for approximately 1 hour + 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before glazing with ganache and then top with remaining butterfingers
Store in refrigerator for longer shelf life (up to 1 week)
Baked cake can be frozen for up to 1 month