Yes it is midnight and yes I have 3 dozen Black Forest Cookies baking in my oven right now.
Don’t judge me!
Sometimes when I get a craving for chocolate-y fudge-y chewy delicious bites of bliss, I go for this recipe.
It is all of those things packed into a bite size (ok maybe 2 bites) cookie and I think that if you eat them at midnight they taste even better.
But don’t take my word for it! Try them!
I will seriously be your new best friend!
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate 1 + ⅓ cups (227g)
- Unsalted Butter 6 tablespoons (85g)
- Eggs Large 2 (100g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Instant Coffee Granules 1 teaspoon (2g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour ⅓ cup (44g)
- Baking Powder ¼ teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Dried Cherries (160g)
- Cherry Juice *any type is fine and any quantity is fine (about ½ cup) it is just to soak & plump the cherries, the juice will be discarded
- Mini Chocolate Chips ¾ cup (130g)
- Melt chocolate and butter- cool slightly
- Pour cherry juice over dried cherries and let stand for about 30 minutes, drain, discard juice
- Combine granulated sugar and eggs, whisk smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and coffee granules to the egg/sugar mixture and whisk smooth.
- Add melted chocolate & butter mixture, whisk smooth
- Add flour and baking powder, mix just until combined.
- Add the drained plumped cherries and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 HOUR.
- Scoop with a #100 scoop and place on a parchment lined sheet pan spaced approximately 2" apart.
- Dust with powdered sugar *optional
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 12-14 minutes
Freeze for 1 month