This Blueberry Custard Tart was born out of the most perfect sequence of events I could never have dreamed of!
I was digging through my freezer situation yesterday and found a nice big block of Sugar Cookie Dough stashed away nicely.
Hmm what to do with that?
I had just bought a gallon of milk the day before for my Tres Leches Cake recipe which was a mistake because I NEVER go through an entire gallon fast enough!
Then I walked into Publix and they had 1lb packages of gorgeous blueberries on sale! 3 Lbs for $10!!!
And thus~ the Blueberry Custard Tart idea was birthed! Yep right there in the middle of the produce section I conceived this beautiful baby! LOL
Then right home I went~ to show him off to all of you!
Although I’m not so sure you will have the same “perfect storm” of happenings as I did, but even so it will be worth it to get building on recipes to make this tart happen in your life ~ AND SOON!
I am using a super gigantic tart shell mold for this recipe it is 2" tall, so if you do not want to use such a large tart mold, cut all the recipes in half and use a standard tart mold
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough at least 4 hours in advance so it can chill before rolling.
- Watch this video on how to make the dough and how to roll a tart shell
- Blind Bake the tart shell for about 15- 25 minutes or until golden browned then pour in the Pastry Cream and let it all cool together in the refrigerator until COLD.
- Be Mindful of the DANGER ZONE when handling fresh pastry cream custard
- Once it is completely cold add the blueberries on top and then glaze with melted apple jelly for a nice shine.
It can stay out for up to 1 hour during serving but not much more.
Be mindful of the Danger Zone