Chocolate Cream Pie with Oreo Crust.
I’m not so sure it can get any better than this.
This is baking magic in it’s purest form~ But wait! there is no baking required!
WooHoo! NO BAKE Chocolate Cream Pie with Oreo Crust is even better!
Any cookie will do just fine here so get creative and do what you love!
This is a small building on recipes project, but honestly it can all be done from start to finish in just under 2 hours, the hardest part is waiting for the custard to cool before you can ice it with whipped cream!
- Oreo Cookies ⅓ Package crushed (about 1½ cups)
- Unsalted Butter 5 Tablespoons (70g)
- Whole Milk 2 cups (480ml)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch ¼ cup (28g)
- Eggs large 1 (50g)
- Egg Yolks large 2 (36g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Baking Chocolate Semi Sweet 4 ounces (approx ¾ cup)
- Unsalted Butter 3 Tablespoons
- ½ Recipe Whipped Cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- First prepare the crust with the crushed Oreos and 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- Press into the bottom and sides of an 8" Pie Plate~ freeze while you prepare the custard
- For the custard, bring the milk and half of the sugar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile combine the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch and whisk to a smooth paste.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add about half of it to the egg mixture and whip to combine.
- Then pour the egg mixture back into the main milk mixture while still cooking over a medium-high heat and whisk until it comes to a rapid boil.
- Once it boils for 30 seconds, turn off the heat and add the butter, vanilla extract and baking chocolate.
- Whisk smooth then pour the entire custard into the frozen Oreo Crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface and refrigerate until completely cold and set.
- Prepare the whipped cream with the ¼ cup granulated sugar (stabilizer as per the whipped cream recipe is optional) just before you are ready to ice the pie and not any time before.
- Ice the pie as per the video instruction and garnish with optional Oreos