The Coconut Custard Pie Recipe is one of those pies that is so unbelievably delicious ~ but rarely made!
Why is that!??
I feel like it mostly makes an appearance around Thanksgiving or Christmas time, but not so much before, after or in between!
I am here to change that and make the coconut custard pie a staple all year round!
With this new recipe twist on a traditional classic egg custard pie, the addition of coconut milk and of course flakes of sweetened coconut makes it out of this world!
(I feel like I almost did that when I dropped that hefty portion of whipped cream onto my slice for the photo! LOL Who ever said less was more was an idiot!)
I do prefer to use a pizza stone to bake my pies click here for more
- Eggs large 4 (200g)
- Egg yolks large 2 (36g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoon (10ml)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Whole Milk 2 cups (480ml)
- Coconut Milk ½ cup (120ml)
- Sweetened Flake Coconut 1½ cup
- Whipped Cream for garnish *optional
- Combine the sugar with the nutmeg and work it through with your fingers, this ensure that the spice will incorporate into the liquids better
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together and whisk until well combined
- Pour into the prebaked pie shell and then bake at 325° (on a pizza stone if desired) for 50 minutes or until it is set. It will be similar to baking a cheesecake, where the center will be slightly jiggly but not liquidy.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving with optional whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg
It will keep fresh for up to 1 week in the refrigerator at all times