New recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes!
It really reminds me of a brownie cake recipe only less fudgy and more cake like.
I surprisingly found these cupcakes to be even better the next morning!
(Yes I eat cake for breakfast~ don’t judge me!)
Deep dark rich chocolate ganache icing was the perfect pairing for this recipe.
- Cocoa Powder (dutched process is great here) ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons (65g)
- Hot Brewed Coffee ½ cup (120ml)
- 1 Egg large (50g)
- 2 Egg Yolk large (36g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Cake Flour 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons (143g)
- Light Brown Sugar ¾ cup (160g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoons (7g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- FOR THE GANACHE:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8ounces baking chocolate semi sweet (approx 1¼ cup)
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in the work bowl of your mixer and mix well to combine
- Whisk the hot coffee with the vanilla extract and the cocoa powder then add half of it to the flour mixture in the bowl along with the softened butter. Blend on low speed to combine, then increase speed to medium and beat for 1½ minutes to develop the batter.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl for an even mix, then add the remaining cocoa paste and the egg and yolks and mix until combined.
- Portion the batter into cupcake liners and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 18-22 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when gently pressed in the centers
- Prepare the ganache by boiling the cream and pouring over the chopped chocolate. Whisk smooth.
- When it is cooled and set to pipe-able consistency pipe with the#826 Ateco Tip
Freeze cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 1 month