Ferrero Rocher Truffle Cake is as decadent as the name implies.
This could be my favorite creation of all time!
I know, I know I say that about everything, but honestly I have not tasted such an amazing combination of the greatest recipes in a very long time!
I mean, do I have to say anything more!?
There, I said it.
Go ahead, make this recipe.
I dare you!
- Prepare all recipes above as per the instructions on each recipe.
- The cake recipe can be made in advance, and freeze the layers until you are ready to assemble the cake.
- Prepare the ganache and allow to set at room temperature for at least half the day. It should be thick enough to spread between the cake layers and not be runny at all.
- At the very last stage of mixing your buttercream recipe you will add in the entire jar of Nutella and mix well until it is smooth.
- Combine the Frangelico Liquor with the simple syrup
- Proceed to build the cake as per the video demonstration, using simple syrup on all cake layers and filling with ganache. A hazelnut buttercream dam is used to build the cake, as well as ice the entire cake.
- Pipe 12 rosettes of hazelnut buttercream with the #866 French Star tip around the edge of the cake and place 1 truffle on top of each rosette.
- Warm the remaining ganache and then pour it in the center of the cake.
For longer storage refrigerate for up to 8 days
Bring to room temperature before serving