Ho Ho Ho and a Verrrrrrry Merry Christmas to you all!
Here is my spectacular Fondant Christmas Tree Cake that will give Rockefeller Center a run for it’s money!
I had a lot of fun with this cake and the making of the decorations.
The royal icing Christmas tree made out of an ice cream cone and the gifts all wrapped with “paper” and bows!
And that’s just the outside!
Wait until you see how I built this cake!
Yes, you heard me~ but I’ll say it again~ Egg Nog Mousse!
I’ve crumb coated my Swiss Buttercream with a dash of nutmeg too!
This is an adult flavored cake for sure, but you can feel free to use any cake you love and the filling is up to you as well!
I have a variety of mousse fillings here at Gretchen’s Bakery to choose from so you will not have a shortage if ideas!
Building on Recipes never tasted do good!
I can’t wait to see what you come up with so please please please share with me on my facebook page!
Merry Christmas and Happy Winter Holidays to everyone!
Now let’s get that egg nog flowing! Yeee Haw!
I used Gumpaste, Fondant and royal icing for all the decor as shown in the video tutorial.
Feel free to decorate as differently as you wish!
- Prepare all recipes in advance
- Add nutmeg to the buttercream at the last stage of mixing
- Add optional brandy to the simple syrup when it is cooled
- Color ¾ of the fondant blue for the covering and the remaining will stay white for the "snow cover"
- Make the decorations as shown in the video at ;least day ahead to allow time from drying and setting