I decided to call this recipe “Simple ganache recipe” for the very reason that it is just so simple.
1 Easy step.
Now of course I have another recipe for Shiny Ganache for Glazing Cakes; which is indeed a ganache recipe but has a few more ingredients to keep it shiny even after a day or so.
(which this ganache will not exactly do)
Also the Mirror Glaze craze has hit the scene at Gretchen’s Bakery so you may want to try that recipe as well. It is essentially a ganache with gelatin added for elasticity and shine. I provide a vegetarian version as well!
I have to be honest though, I use this recipe regular ganache recipe way more than the others; it’s just so simple!
Read more on What is Ganache so you can get a sense of how very versatile this recipe can be for you!
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate 1lb (454g) (approx 2¾ cups chopped chocolate)
- Heavy Cream 2 cups (475ml)
- In a large mixing bowl reserve the evenly chopped baking chocolate while you boil the heavy cream either in the microwave or in a sauce pot on the stove.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate in the bowl and whisk to melt and smooth.
- Read more about Ganache Here
VEGANIZE THIS RECIPE!
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate 2 cups (350g)
- Almond Milk ¾ cup
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Add the warmed almond milk and whisk smooth.
- Cool slightly and then use right away to pour as a glaze over cakes and pastries.
- Or let set up to desired consistency for fillings in cakes and pastries