Many of you know how much I love my recipe for Gingerbread Cake
I think it is the perfect dessert for all the months of winter whether it is Thanksgiving, Christmas OR it can even take center stage while ringing in the New Year.
What a sweet disaster that was!
So each year now I destroy a perfectly good gingerbread bundt cake just so I can turn them into Gingerbread Bonbons! Woops!
- ½ Recipe Gingerbread cake *No cream cheese glaze
- ½ Recipe Swiss buttercream
- 1½Lb White Merckens Chocolate or tempered baking chocolate
- *optional Paramount Crystals for thinning chocolate for dipping
- Ground Cinnamon as needed
- First you must prepare, bake and cool completely the gingerbread cake recipe. You can bake this batter into any pan of your choosing, since we ill be breaking it up anyway to form the bonbons.
- Combine the completely cooled gingerbread cake with the buttercream and mix very well.
- Scoop balls with a #100 Scoop onto parchment lined sheet pan. Roll each ball into a more perfect round and then place the entire sheet pan into the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the white chocolate with 1 - 2 Tablespoons of paramount crystals to thin for easier dipping.
- Dip the bonbons in white chocolate and set on parchment lined sheet pan to set. Sprinkle each one with a dusting of ground cinnamon.