Key Lime Cheesecake Bars with a Graham Cookie base.
If that doesn’t sound amazing to you, then you got somethin’ wrong wit’ ya!
These bars are so good you may not want to share!
Be sure not to tell anyone you are making them just in case they never make it out of the kitchen!
Why not both!?
This recipe converts easily into an 10″ Cake pan if that is how you prefer to roll.
The great thing about making the bars though is that the entire recipe is mixed and baked in just under an hour since the depth of the batter here is way thinner than a regular cheesecake would be.
That basically just means you are eating Key Lime Cheesecake bars way faster than Key Lime CheeseCAKE.
That is also why I am not using a water bath to bake these even though it is a cheesecake the bake time is far less so you don’t have as much risk of over baking as you would with a regular cheesecake.
- For the Graham Cookie Base:
- Unsalted Butter 12 Tablespoons (170g)
- Granulated Sugar ⅓ cup (70g)
- Light Brown Sugar ⅓ cup (80g)
- Honey 3 Tablespoons (70g)
- Molasses 3 tablespoons (55g)
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cup (188g)
- Graham Cracker Crumbs ¾ cup (86g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- For the Cheesecake Batter:
- Cream Cheese bars 3- 8ounce packages (677g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Eggs large 4 (200g)
- Egg Yolks 4 (72g)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk ¾ cup (246g)
- Lime Juice ¾ cup (180ml)
- Lime Zest from 1 lime (approx 1½ teaspoons)
- First prepare the graham cookie dough.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3- 5 minutes.
- Add the Honey and the Molasses all at once, and mix well to combine, scraping the sides of the bowl to incorporate
- Sift together the flour, graham cracker crumbs and salt and add to the creaming butter mixture all at once, mix on low speed to incorporate, mix well.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 18-22 minutes of until golden browned and baked throughout.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheesecake batter by creaming the cream cheese smooth
- Add the granulated sugar & lime zest while mixing on medium speed to smooth.
- Combine the egg yolks & eggs together and then add to the cream cheese batter one at a time, be sure to stop the mixer to scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl for an even mix.
- Add the sweetened condensed mil all at once and mix smooth
- Add the lime juice slowly while mixing on low speed.
- Take out ½ cup of the batter and mix it with 2 drops of green food color.
- Pour the remaining u- colored batter into the cooled graham cookie base
- Swirl the green batter into the colorless batter
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven off after 25 minutes (as long as the cheesecake seems set click here) and allow it to cool down with the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight
- Cut into desired portions
Store in an airtight container for up to 9 days