I never seem to remember how much I love cheesecake………….. until I eat cheesecake!
Not to mention, I think I get so tunnel visioned with Chocolate Everything that I forget how amazingly refreshing fruit desserts can be!
This Lemon Cheesecake is made with an addition of Lemon Curd in the batter, then the rest of the curd is drenched over top.
It was so good that I ate the entire piece after the camera stopped rolling, and took another slice before the day was through!
I then decided I had to get it out of the house ASAP to avoid eating way more than my share!
Seems that is the case with most of my desserts though!
So once again, my lucky (and ever increasing in weight…..) neighbors were the recipients of this decadent cheesecake!
Ok, back to the recipe!
I mention in the video that if you do not feel like going to the trouble of making an additional recipe (lemon curd) just for this cheesecake you can of course use a canned lemon pie filling instead.
I will urge you though, to try the lemon curd! It is so easy to make, and it really takes this cheesecake to heights you cannot even imagine!
Now for those who are just looking for a straight up vanilla cheesecake click here
Preheat oven to 350° f
Prepare the cookie crust recipe first and press into prepared 8" greased pan with parchment paper liner. Bake 12 minutes at 350°f while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
- Softened Cream Cheese 3- 8ounce packages (678g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Eggs large 4 (200g)
- Lemon Extract 1 teaspoon
- 1 Recipe Lemon Curd
- * ½ cup for the batter, the rest is reserved for the topping.
- Crust recipe below
- In the bowl of your kitchen aid mixer or with a hand beater, cream the softened cream cheese on low speed and add the sugar.
- Add the eggs and extract slowly and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed to avoid any lumps.
- Add the ½ cup of lemon curd and mix smooth.
- Pour batter onto cooled cookie crust and bake cheesecake in a water bath at 350° f for the first 30 minutes then turn the heat down to 325°for another 30- 40 minutes
- Turn off oven and let cheesecake stay in for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and chill overnight before removing from pan.
- Spread the remaining lemon curd on top of the cheesecake
- Garnish with Lemon Slices
Store for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months wrapped well
- Golden Oreos approx 18-20 (for 1¼ cup crushed)
- Unsalted Butter 5 Tablespoons (70g)
- Toasted Coconut ¼ cup (20g)
- Crush the cookies in the food processor
- Add the toasted coconut
- Add the melted butter and combine well
- Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the greased and parchment lined pan
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes