I was flipping through my recipe archives the other day and happened upon this recipe from about 20 years ago!
I couldn’t wait to share it with you all because I just know how much you will love it!
This is a building on recipes to the MAX!
It is really simple to assemble this tart once you have the sugar cookie dough prepared ahead of time.
You will have a really nice rustic dessert in just about 30 minutes!
And it will probably be gone even faster than that!
Here I used a mixture of blackberries, blueberries & strawberries here but feel free to change it up with whatever combo you like!
Mango Cheesecake Tart anyone!?
Oh by the way, you will need a Tart Pan of course to make this tart!
- Cream Cheese 1 - 8ounce bar (226g)
- Unsalted Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Egg large 1 (50g)
- Mixed Berries 2 cups
- Granulated Sugar 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Cornstarch 1 tablespoon (10g)
- Lemon Zest 1
- Lemon Juice ½
- Egg wash
- Cinnamon Sugar
- ½ Recipe Sugar Cookie Dough
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough in advance (preferably the day before)
- Roll out the tart shell and pre bake it in a preheated 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by creaming the softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth
- Add the granulated sugar and mix smooth
- Add the vanilla extract and then the egg
- Pour into the pre baked tart shell
- Combine the mixed berries with the other measure of granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice & zest.
- Pile the berries on top of the cheesecake batter
- Roll out the remaining cookie dough to ¼" thickness and make a lattice top to go over the fruit.
- Egg wash & sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- bake in preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or until the cookie dough lattice is golden browned.
- Cool completely before serving.
It will last for up to 6 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer wrapped well