It turns out this has become one of my most sought after recipes.
I cannot say that I am surprised, even with all the other cheesecakes I have made this one tops the list
The most creamy, decadent, purest cheesecake you will find~ the New York Style Cheesecake.
I actually included this recipe variation a few months ago when I shared the luscious lemon version of this exact recipe, but I guess you vanilla peeps are like me when it comes to chocolate~ only the real thing will do!
So here is the original New York Style Cheesecake recipe from my past life only this time it has an authentic graham cracker crust.
Of course you can leave the crust off (as I sometimes do) and the fresh strawberry topping is completely optional as well.
For those who want the chocolate version click here!
Now you all know me and my aversion to spring form pans.
I always bake my cheesecakes in regular cake pans and the video instruction attached (although it is for the lemon version) explains every detail from the mixing to the baking to the un-molding of this cake.
Pay no mind to the lemon ingredients in the video tutorial, and substitute with the original ingredients as listed below
First prepare the graham cracker crust with the recipe below
- Softened Cream Cheese 3- 8ounce packages (678g)
- Granulated Sugar 1¼ cup (250g)
- Eggs large 5 (250g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (Or 1 vanilla bean scraped of its seeds)
- Sour Cream ½ cup (114g)
- Cream the softened cream cheese on low speed and add the sugar.
- Add the eggs and extract slowly and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed to avoid any lumps.
- Add the sour cream and mix smooth.
- Pour batter onto cooled graham crust and bake cheesecake in a water bath at 350° f for the first 30 minutes then turn the heat down to 325°for another 30- 40 minutes
- Turn off oven and let cheesecake stay in for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and chill overnight before removing from pan.
- Top with fresh strawberries if desired
Store for up to 1 week or freeze (minus the strawberries) for up to 2 months wrapped well
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Graham Cracker Crumbs 1½ cups (150g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Unsalted Butter 5 tablespoons (70g)
- Melt the butter and add to the graham cracker crumbs along with the sugar
- Combine until it resembles damp sand
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter