Finally a No Bake recipe!
And what could be better when you have no oven, than a No Bake Peanut Butter Mousse Pie with a pretzel crust?
Yes I said Pretzels! Pretzels and peanut butter and chocolate are the cats pajamas!
This recipe was dug up from my recipe archives from way before I even owned my bakery!
But because my bakery was a peanut free environment I hadn’t made this is over 10 years!
I knew it was going to be good, but when I tasted it again after all that time~ it was like 4th of July on my taste buds!
WOW! This peanut butter mousse is so creamy and with that thick layer of ganache in the bottom of the crunchy pretzel crust and then more ganache on top!
Need I say more?
Oh yeah, Whipped Cream. There- I said more!
- For the Crust:
- Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- Pretzels 1½ cup
- Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup (52g)
- For the Mousse Filling:
- Peanut Butter 1½ cup (365g)
- Cream Cheese 1 cup (226g)
- Confectioners Sugar 1 cup (120g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Heavy Cream 1 cup (240ml)
- Ganache 1 recipe
- Heavy Cream for the topping ½ cup (120ml)
- Chopped Peanuts for garnish *optional
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for garnish *optional
- To make the crust:
- Crush the pretzels in a food processor until course meal
- Add the melted butter and brown sugar and toss to combine well.
- Pour into a pie plate and press into all the spaces to an even crust.
- Freeze while you prepare the mousse filling
- For the Mouse Filling:
- Smooth out the cream cheese on the mixer until it is the same consistency as the peanut butter.
- Add the peanut butter and confectioners sugar and whip smooth
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whip the 1 cup of heavy cream to medium peaks and fold into the peanut butter mousse base.
- Pour the about 1½ cups of melted ganache into the bottom of the frozen pretzel crust
- Then pour the peanut butter mousse over that.
- Spread evenly then add more ganache on top of the mousse layer.
- Add the optional whipped cream and garnishes
- Refrigerate until set
Store for up to 1 week.
For longer storage pie can be frozen for up to 2 months