Oreo, Oreo. Where for art thou Oreo?
If there is anything that can be considered the perfect marriage to an Oreo cookie, it would have to be a cheesecake!
Oreo Cheesecake is another one of my most sought after recipes, and rightly so!
So here you go guys, back by popular demand the Oreo Cheesecake Redux!
This New York style cheesecake is loaded up with crushed oreos and of course an oreo cookie base!
What are you waiting for!??
Heavy Cream can be substituted for the sour cream in the same volume amount as listed
- Cream Cheese 3 - 8oz packages (1½ cups) (672g)
- Granulated Sugar 1¾ cups (350g)
- Eggs large 5 (250g) (*yes I know in the video I only had 4)
- Sour Cream ½ cup (114g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter 4 Tablespoons (56g)
- Oreos Crushed 1½ cups for filling + 1½ cups for the crust +more for garnish *optional
- Crush the cookies in the food processor
- Add the melted butter and combine well
- Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the greased and parchment lined pan
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes
- the bowl of your kitchen aid mixer or with a hand beater, cream the softened cream cheese on low speed and then add the sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract slowly and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed to avoid any lumps.
- Add the ½ cup of sour cream and mix smooth.
- Add the crushed oreos and mix to combine
- Pour batter onto cooled cookie crust and bake cheesecake in a water bath at 350° f for the first 15 minutes then turn the heat down to 325°for another 60 minutes
- Turn off oven and let cheesecake stay in for an additional 15 - 20 minutes with the door cracked open
- Cool completely and chill overnight before removing from pan.
- Garnish with optional buttercream rosettes and whole oreo cookies