Holy Wow batman! Incredible!
Chocolate and Mint is one of my favorite combos, but the combination of these 3 recipes to make Oreo Mint Brownie and yeah don’t forget the explosion part!
So Sinful ~ and so worth it!
I had a package of Andes Mints in my pantry and this is where the idea came from originally.
But then when I got a hold of Mint Oreos, well it was game on!
My fudge brownie recipe just got hijacked by the mint train!
Chopped Mint Oreos piled high~ and you my friend will be as happy as I am right now (yes I am eating them as I type!)
The Andes Mints candy part in the brownie batter is optional, you can actually use whatever substitution you like.
After 8 Mints? junior Mints? More chopped Oreos? Girl Scout Thin Mints?
Run with it! Make it your own~ but be sure to let me know all about it!
I get so excited talking desserts! And Building on Recipes in my FAV topic!
Prepare a 9" X 13" pan with pan grease and parchment paper
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup (130g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (7g)
- Salt ¾ teaspoon (5g)
- Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate Chopped 12oz (335g) (2 cups)
- Butter unsalted 1 cup (226g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 cups (400g)
- Eggs 6 Large (300g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- ½ package Andes Mints
- ½ Package Mint Oreos
- ¼ Recipe Swiss Buttercream
- 2 teaspoons Mint Extract (10ml)
- ½ Recipe Ganache
- Combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously to incorporate evenly.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl or over a double boiler melt the butter and the chocolate together, slowly, taking care not to scorch.
- In the microwave on med power 15-25 Seconds at a time and stirring between each interval.
- Sift all the flour, salt & baking powder together together, set aside.
- Add the melted chocolate & butter mixture to the egg/sugar mixture and whisk to incorporate
- Add all of the dry ingredients at once and mix just until incorporated.
- Add roughly chopped Andes Mints if desired, then pour entire batter in prepared 9" X 13" pan and bake in preheated 350° F oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center produces a moist crumb.
- Meanwhile prepare the ganache and then the buttercream with the mint extract and green gel paste food color
- When brownie has completely cooled Ice with the buttercream
- Then add a layer of cooled but spreadable ganache
- Pile the chopped Oreos on top
For longer storage in the refrigerator in an airtight container fro up to 1 week (they will go stale before they go bad)
Freeze form up to 2 months