Yes ladies and gentlemen I present to you~ Peanut Butter S’mores
Peanut Butter Cookies, Marshmallows and Chocolate.
Super easy and super delicious! Whether you are roasting your marshmallows on an open fire (Blow torch anyone?)or taking the easy route and puffing them up in the microwave, I will be amazed if you can eat just one!
I actually love this peanut butter cookie alone too, but why stop there when there are melt-y marshmallows to be had!??
Traditional s’mores call for a wedge of Hershey’s chocolate bar as part of the sandwiching technique, but I decided to keep it a little bit neater and went for mini chocolate chips baked into the cookie instead.
Oh yeah by the way, Graham cracker cookies?
You better watch yo’ back, peanut butter is coming for ya.
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ Cup (100g)
- Light Brown Sugar ½ Cup (105g)
- Creamy or Chunky Peanut Butter ½ Cup (128g)
- Egg large 1 (50g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cups (190g)
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon (2.5g)
- Baking Soda ½ teaspoon (2.5g)
- 18 Large Marshmallows
- Miniature Chocolate Chips ¾ cup or 2 Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- Cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the Peanut Butter and mix well
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg, mix well and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder & soda all at once and mix well until combined.
- Scoop 1" balls with a #100 Scoop onto parchment lined sheet pans spaced about 2" apart.
- Sprinkle a scant teaspoon of mini chocolate chips onto the tops of half of the cookies (or all of the cookies if you are feeling chocolate-y!)
- Bake in preheated 350°f oven for 14 minutes or until golden browned.
- Cool completely and then plate a toasted marshmallow between 2 cookies and enjoy!
- Or place 1 cookie on a microwaveable plate and place a marshmallow on top of the cookie. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds until the marshmallow is puffed and melted. Top it with another cookie and enjoy!
They can be made up to 1 hour in advance.
Store cookies with out the marshmallows in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks