Yes folks you heard me correctly~ Piña Colada Cheesecake!
Summer is here, let’s break out the summer flavors and a bottle of Rum hey!?
Ok Ok, for you non alcoholics you can leave out the rum and still have a great tasting Pineapple~ Coconut Cheesecake!
I jacked this baby up to another level with my Coconut Macaroon Base and a thin layer of Vanilla Sponge Cake to soak up all of that luscious Malibu Rum and Pineapples!
I have to tell you, this Piña Colada Cheesecake blew me away!
I just know it will knock your bikini off too!
Oh and by the way if you are not sure what to do with all that leftover Malibu Rum: Make a Strawberry Mint Mojito!
You can use a dark spiced rum here too if you prefer, I just love the Malibu Rum
The vanilla Sponge cake layer is optional, but a nice touch to soak with Rum Simple Syrup. You will literally need ¼ recipe sine you only need 1 very thin layer, however I recommend to make the entire recipe or at least half and just have extra cake, rather than try to recalculate for ¼ recipe
Prepare an8" X 3" Cake Pan with pan grease and a parchment circle
Preheat oven to 350°F
- ½ Recipe Vanilla Sponge Cake
- For the Macaroon Base:
- Sweetened Flake Coconut 2½ cups (225g)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk ⅔ cup (200g)
- All Purpose Flour ⅓ cup (42g)
- Salt pinch
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- For the Cheesecake:
- Cream Cheese 3- 8ounce packages (678g)
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Eggs large 5 (250g)
- Coconut Extract (*flavoring) 2 teaspoons
- Creme of Coconut ¾ cup (180ml)
- Malibu Coconut Rum 2 Tablespoon (30ml)
- ¼ Recipe Simple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Malibu Rum (45ml)
- 1 can Sliced Pineapples drained
- 1 cup Toasted Coconut garnish *optional
- Apple Jelly for glazing the pineapples *optional
- Prepare the coconut macaroon base by combining all ingredie nts in a large mixing bowl and mix together until uniform distributed and you have a sticky mass of coconut dough
- Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared cake pan and then bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
- Cream the cream cheese smooth with the first measure of granulated sugar.
- Combine the vanilla extract, rum and the eggs then add to the cream cheese mixture slowly, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl after each egg addition to make sure you do not get lumps.
- Add the creme of coconut last
- Mix smooth then pour the batter onto the baked and cooled coconut macaroon base.
- Bake in a water bath at 350°F for 20 minutes, then 300°F for another 50 minutes oruntil it is done
- Turn the oven off once it is to the "jiggle stage" as shown in this video skip forward to 4:06 minutes in this video for How to Know When Your Cheesecake Is Done, then allow cheesecake to cool in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- *This is a taller cheesecake than normal so it may take slightly longer than you are used tom don't be alarmed.
- Cool the cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator and then unmold as shown in the video
- Optional Vanilla Sponge Cake and Rum Simple syrup can be made ahead of time and stored before assembly of the final cheesecake
- Assemble as shown in the video tutorial
- Garnish with pineapple slices, apple jelly for a shiny glaze & to seal the fruit and toasted coconut
Store in an airtight container for up to 9 days