We have finally arrived.
Pumpkin season is in full swing.
The only problem I ever have with pumpkin season, is that all I want to do is eat Pumpkin Cheesecake for months all night and day!!
How can you go wrong by combining 2 of my most prized recipes into one fabulous dessert!?!
You cannot go wrong……..
Behold~ the Pumpkin Cheesecake!
With gingersnap cookies crust!?
I mean seriously you guys….just stop……………………….
Preheat oven to 350°F
- First prepare the gingersnap crust recipe listed below.
- Mix the cream cheese on low speed to soften.
- Rub the ground spices through the brown sugar to distribute well, and then add it to the cream cheese while continuing to mix on low- medium speed.
- Scrape the bowl periodically to ensure it is mixed smooth and there are no signs of lumps.
- Combine the vanilla extract and the eggs and yolks and add to the creamed mixture one at a time and scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Add the pumpkin and mix just until well combined.
- Then add the sour cream, mix until combined
- Pour into prepared pan with the cooled gingersnap crust and bake in a water bath for approximately 1 hour or until the center jiggles like Jell-O.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cheesecake inside with the door cracked open for another 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven cool completely overnight in the refrigerator
- Unmold as shown in the video and decorate as shown or as you like
- Gingersnap Cookies Crumbs 1½ cups (144g) *approximately 8 cookies
- Unsalted Butter 3 Tablespoons (42g)
- In a food processor crumble the cookies to fine crumbs
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the melted butter
- Combine to the consistency of wet sand
- Press into the bottom of the prepared 8" Cake Pan or a Spring form pan if you prefer
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350°F