Raspberry Cheesecake Strudel?
Do I need to even say anything about this?
Of course I do! Because I never shut up! Haha!
But seriously, what better combination than raspberries and cheesecake anyway?
Now let’s stuff those two things into a strudel pastry and well….. let me know when you come up for air because this thing is addicting!
I am not using a traditional real deal strudel dough here, as I explained in my Pear – Apple Strudel~ classic strudel dough making is an art form in itself and here at Gretchen’s Bakery & Homie Don’t Play dat!
I am an unabashed cheater when it comes to using Phyllo Dough in place of strudel dough.
C’mon! All the cool kids are doing it!
Ok ok enough fooling around~ You will seriously FLIP when you try this strudel, but the best part is- it is SUPER EASY!
- ½ Package Phyllo Dough (8ounce)
- Cream Cheese 1 cup (226g)
- Unsalted Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Eggs 1 large (50g)
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen) 1½ cups
- Unsalted Butter for brushing the Phyllo 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- Melt the second measure of butter (the 8 Tbs) with a vanilla bean pod *optional ~ reserve
- Cream the cream cheese smooth then add the second measure (2 Tbs) softened butter
- Add the granulated sugar, mix smooth
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract
- Arrange the Phyllo Dough as shown in the video with the melted vanilla butter
- Then spread the cheesecake filling on the center
- Arange the raspberries over top of the cheese filling, then roll up the strudel as shown in the video
- Transfer strudel to a parchment (or silicone mat) lined sheet pan, brush the top with butter and bake in a preheated 400°F Oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and the sides are starting to burst with cheese and raspberries.
- Cool before slicing