Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies are truly heaven on a plate.
For me, there is nothing greater than the chocolate-caramel combination.
And because they are so small you can eat tons of them and not feel bad!
(ah the logic of the bite sized confection!)
Nestled in a crisp buttery cookie…..that my friends = pure bliss.
This cookie is very crispy and crunchy but it is a perfect pairing with the soft caramel sauce!
Add this one to your Christmas Cookies assortment!
- Unsalted Butter 12 Tablespoons (168g)
- Granulated Sugar ⅔ cup (133g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon (2.5g)
- Eggs large 1 (50g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour 1¾ Cups (225g)
- 1 Recipe Carmel Sauce
- Chocolate for drizzle *optional ¼ cup
- Sea Salt *optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare the Carmel Sauce Recipe ahead of time, at least half a day to be sure it is gets thick enough to pipe into your cookies.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the egg and vanilla extract together, then add to the creamed butter mixture. Mix to incorporate well, and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Sift together the baking powder, salt and flour, then add all at once to the creamed mixture. Mix just until well blended.
- Scoop dough with a #100 cookie scoop onto a parchment lined sheet pan spacing about 1" apart
- Indent each cookie dough ball with your thumb.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely then pipe thickened caramel sauce into the indent of each cookie.
- Drizzle with more chocolate and a pinch of sea salt crystals on each one.
Freeze for up to 1 month