With Girl Scout season upon us it is time to roll out everything “mock GS”
Samoa Brownies are quite possibly better than Girl Scout cookies!
Because after all brownies are superior to cookies and the Samoa Girl Scout cookie is the all time favorite (in my book anyway!)
What can be better than this!
So forget those cookies this year and make yourself some ooey, gooey, coco-nutty, chewy, fudgy brownies!
It is a building on recipes project of course, but a simple one really.
If you decide to use another brownie recipe (and not mine, which is baked into a 9X13 pan) be sure to bake them in a 9X13" pan so the caramel samoa topping here is in thickness equal to the brownie
- 1 Recipe Fudge Brownies
- 3 Cups Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- Granulated Sugar 1¼ cup (250g)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk ⅔ cup (180g)
- Water 7 Tablespoons (105ml)
- Corn Syrup ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons (215g)
- Unsalted Butter 7 Tablespoons (100g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Combine the water, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla bean (if you are using one) into a heavy bottom sauce pan and cook to 230°F while stirring constantly
- Once it gets to 230°F add the butter and continue cooking to 245°F stirring constantly
- Once it reaches 245°F remove the vanilla bean or if you are using extract you will add it now along with the salt.
- Cool slightly in the pot and then add the coconut.
- Spread over cooled brownie to the edges and drizzle with chocolate.
You can freeze them for up to 2 months wrapped well