Why do it one way?
When you can make Strawberry Shortcakes Two Ways!?
This is an example of “I just can’t decide which way is best!”
But I think it’s not really a matter of “best” as much as it is a matter of which way suits your event better?
And then there is the “naked cake” style with Vanilla Chiffon Cake piled with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
You can now see my conundrum and why I had to show you both ways!
How can you really decide which is better!?
They are both gorgeous and delicious and packed with whipped cream and strawberries and after all~ that is what a strawberry shortcake IS!
So now that I have made it difficult for you to choose, go ahead and make both!
You can never have too much Strawberry Shortcake!
For those wanting the authentic Strawberry Shortcake in biscuit form~ I’ve got that too! Just click the link to go check it out!
Not to mention my spin on a childhood favorite ice cream bar the Strawberry Shortcake which I have transformed into an amazing adult version dessert with white chocolate mousse and strawberry chiffon cake!
My Strawberry Shortcake Towers are going to make it even harder to decide how you want to serve up your shortcakes!
- Cake Flour1 Cup (120g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup +2 Tablespoons (125g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (25g)
- Baking Powder 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil ¼ cup (60ml)
- Egg Yolks Large 4 (72g)
- Egg Whites Large 6 (180g)
- Cream of Tartar ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Bean seed ½ pod scraped of it's seeds
- Water ⅓ cup
- In a large bowl combine the oil, egg yolks,water, vanilla bean seeds and the first measure of sugar (½ cup + 2 tablespoons) and the vanilla extract and whisk smooth.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) and whisk vigorously to combine well to a smooth batter.
- In a mixer bowl with the whip attachment, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until frothy.
- Once it starts to gain volume and strength (it will get whiter and thicker) add in the other measure of sugar- the 2 Tablespoons, very slowly and continue whipping to medium peaks.
- Fold ⅓ of the meringue into the batter to lighten, then fold in the remaining meringue gently.
- Pour into very lightly sprayed bundt pan and bake in preheated 325°F oven for approximately 50 minutes to an hour or when toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs
- Invert onto a sheet pan or cooling rack to cool completely
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE LAYER CAKE STYLE
- Bake the cake as per the instructions on that blog post / video.
- Cool completely before assembling the cake as shown in the video
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CHIFFON CAKE STYLE
- Prepare the chiffon cake as per the instructions on that video/ recipe
- Follow the video above for how to assemble cake