I have two exciting things to tell you!
#1 It’s FALL! (Ok maybe not quite yet, but almost!)
#2 I have another vegan recipe for you!
Mini bite sized vegan apple cheesecake!
Perfect little bites of vegan vanilla cheesecake topped with cinnamon apples!
For those who want more than a bite (ME) I will advise to DOUBLE the recipe below and make a larger 8″ version
This is a nut free cheesecake, since most of the vegan cheesecakes I have seen are a no bake variety with cashew cream for the base.
Well this is a real deal cream cheese version (vegan of course) that is so close to the real thing you are going to flip!
Creamy texture, perfect graham cracker crust and cinnamon sweet apples all over the tops!
I use Tofutti brand cream cheese and sour cream here, but you can use whatever brand you prefer.
So aren’t you glad this is an APPLE cheesecake and not pumpkin!??
Hmmm, that will be my next recipe! Stay tuned! More vegan recipes to come!
This is a building on recipes project so you can prepare the apple filling while the cheesecakes are baking and cooling
Preheat oven to 335°F
I am using a mini cheesecake pan for these bite sized cheesecakes, but for an 8" cheesecake double all the ingredients below. Spray the pans with coconut oil or vegan pas release.
For the larger 8" pan use a parchment paper liner too
- Crushed Graham Cracker (for vegan, do not use the honey variety) ¾ cup
- Granulated Sugar 1 Tablespoon (14g)
- Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Coconut Oil 4 Tablespoons
- Vegan Cream Cheese 12 ounces (336g)
- Vegan Sour Cream ¼ cup (56g)
- Granulate Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- EnerG Egg Replacer 4½ teaspoons (18g)
- Warm Water 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- 1 Recipe Apple Filling
- Melt the coconut oil and combine with the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and the sugar
- Press 1 tablespoon into each cavity of the mini cheesecake pan
- Whisk the egg replacer with the warm water
- Cream the vegan cream cheese smooth with the granulated sugar
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg replacer mixture mix smooth
- Add the vegan sour cream and mix smooth
- Pour into the prepared cheesecake pans and bake in a preheated 335°F oven for approx 18-22minutes
- They will be puffed up and this is normal
- Remove from oven to cool completely and then cool to cold in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile prepare the apple filling as per the instructions on that blog post CLICK HERE
- Cool apple filling to cold; then top the cheesecakes with 1Tablespoon of filling. (The recipe for apple filling makes more than you will need, but you can freeze the excess or serve an additional tablespoon with each serving)