Veganism is definitely sweeping the globe!
Yay for animal friendly recipes!
So, in keeping with the vegan theme there I had to be sure everything~ including the filling and icing were indeed~ Vegan!
I currently do not have many options for vegan recipes here on Gretchen’s Bakery (YET!)
But I am testing and trying as many as possible, so there will definitely be more to come I promise!
Here is a “Butter”cream Recipe that I basically tweaked, twisted and turned into my own creation by using the Wilton Buttercream decorators icing as my base and then I made some variations to make it my own.
Be sure to watch the video to the end so you can see how easy it is to make a chocolate variation!
- Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks 2 sticks (226g)
- Sweetex Solid Vegetable Hi Ratio Shortening 1 cup (226g)
- Confectioners Sugar 6 Cups (720g)
- Milk Alternative (I used almond milk) 4 Tablespoons (60ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Cream the earth balance and shortening together with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes
- Add the alternative milk of your choice and continue whipping for about 1 more minute.
- Add the sifted confectioners sugar and blend on low until smooth
- Add the vanilla extract
- Blend to smooth
- *For Chocolate: Add 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder dissolved in 3 Tablespoons of Hot Water