If Christmas had a flavor all to itself, it would be this Vegan Cranberry Cheesecake!
I am in love with this combination of tart, yet sweet cranberry compote spiked up with anise, cinnamon sticks, orange and vanilla.
I am using Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries this year for all my cranberry festivities and I have to say I DID see a difference in this brand from other brands!
There was not one shriveled, wrinkly, inferior sized cranberry in the bag! They were all perfect as perfect gets!
This is a Building on Recipes project as most great masterpieces are… which means you will have to prepare the Cranberry Compote and gingersnap cookies ahead of time before finalizing this decadent cheesecake!
As I always say, Building on Recipes is not always easiest, but it IS worth it!
Click here for why I do not prefer Springform pans
The conversion for egg replacer to eggs is 3 eggs
- ½ Recipe Gingersnap Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- For the Cranberry Compote
- 1 16ounce bag Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cup (300g)
- Juice or Wine ¾ cup (180ml)
- Water ½ cup (120ml)
- Vanilla Bean or Extract 1 bean or 2 teaspoons
- Star Anise Pods 5
- Cinnamon Sticks 2
- Orange Zest and Juice from 1 large orange
- For the Cheesecake
- Vegan Cream Cheese 12 ounces (336g)
- Vegan Sour Cream ¼ cup (56g)
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- EnerG Egg Replacer 4½ teaspoons (18g)
- Warm Water 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Crush the gingersnap cookies to make 1½ cups total
- Add the melted coconut oil and combine well
- Press into the bottom of the prepare cake pan and freeze while you prepare the other recipes
- For the Cranberry Compote
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot, combine all the liquids with the sugar and spices and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the cranberries and then return to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to a simmer for 15 -20 minutes, the sauce will begin to thicken and the berries will begin to pop.
- Discard the anise pods, vanilla bean pod and cinnamon sticks.
- Squeeze in the juice of that orange and add the vanilla extract if you are using that instead of a bean
- For the Cheesecake:
- Melt the coconut oil and combine with the crushed gingersnaps
- Mix and then press into the bottom of a greased and parchment lined 7" cake pan
- Whisk the egg replacer with the warm water
- Cream the vegan cream cheese smooth with the granulated sugar
- Add the vegan sour cream and mix smooth
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg replacer mixture mix smooth
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated 335°F oven for approx 35- 45minutes
- Remove from oven to cool completely and then cool to cold overnight in the refrigerator.
- Un-mold the cheesecake and top with cranberry compote
STORE LOCATOR http://www.capecodselect.com/store-locator/