This recipe for vegan cream cheese icing not only tastes amazing, it is so easy to mix.
Alternative plant based cream cheese product is really easy to smooth out.
Just be sure to get the Earth Balance Buttery Sticks to the same pliable consistency to avoid any lumps.
Just today I made Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes with this icing and well………let’s just say I made some new believers out of vegan recipes!
I also used this icing as a filling for my Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe and it was out of this world!
(Yes one of my guilty pleasures is smothering chocolate cake wedges with cream cheese icing!)
Hey! Don’t knock it ’til you try it!
You will LOVE!
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2 Tubs (2cups) (454g)
- Earth Balance 1 stick (½ cup) (112g)
- Confectioner's Sugar 2 cups (240g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Butter Extract 1 teaspoon
- Smooth cream cheese and butter with a paddle attachment
- Add sifted confectioners sugar, blend on low just to combine
- Add extracts
Be sure to keep pastries and cakes made with Vegan Cream Cheese Icing refrigerated until serving