A new spin on the classic Pumpkin Pie recipe!
This year it is vegan, in a tart shell and with a 3 nut crust! Oh yeah!
This vegan pumpkin cream pie, tart or whatever you want to call it is like two desserts in one because that nut crust just won’t quit!
It is so delicious just on it’s own, but then pile on that creamy pumpkin pie filling and you are in pumpkin heaven! I promise!
So whether you have some dairy or egg allergy people at your Thanksgiving dinner this year or you just want to follow a cruelty free lifestyle like me! HERE IS YOUR RECIPE!
Oh by the way- easy easy homemade VEGAN sweetened condensed milk! Simmer 3 cups of almond or soy milk with ½ cup of sugar for 2 hours until it is thick and about ¾ cup volume
To make the vegan sweetened condensed milk simmer 3 cups of almond or soy milk with ½ cup of sugar for 2 hours until it is thick and about ½ cup volume
I am using a 10" Tart Pan but you can make this into a pie just the same
- For the Nut Crust:
- 3 Cups of your nut of choice (450g)
- Coconut Oil 3 tablespoons (45ml)
- Maple Syrup 2 Tablespoons
- Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Pumpkin 1¼ cup (360g)
- Egg Replacer 4½ teaspoons
- Warm Water 6 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ginger ½ teaspoon
- Cloves ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Almond milk ½ cup (120ml)
- Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk ¾ cup
- For the Coconut Cream Topping
- Whip the cold fat part of the coconut milk can with ¼ cup confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind the toasted nuts in a food processor and then add the cinnamon, coconut oil and maple syrup
- Press into the tart pan or pie plate and freeze while you prepare the filling for the pumpkin pie
- Add warm water to the egg replacer and whisk smooth
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and whisk smooth
- Pour into frozen crust and bake at 350°F oven for approximately 35-40 minutes until it is no longer liquid in the center
- Cool completely then whip the coconut fat with the confectioners sugar and vanilla to a whipping cream consistency, top the tart with the whipped cream