If a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin cheesecake got married and had a baby it would be this Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake with gingersnap crust
And we would name him Gary.
Gary Gary Gary.
For those who want to know what on earth I can be talking about with my new GaryCake recipe click here for the full story
It does not get any more amazing than this recipe, I could probably just stop right here and say, “my work is done.”
But to heck with that! I have so much more up my sleeve you are going to flip!
But first things first, let’s get this new fall season rolling with a building on recipes that will go down in history.
First you will prepare my Gingersnap Cookie recipe (vegan version of course!) and I do recommend to make the entire batch even though it makes more than you will need.
If you are anything like me you will eat about ¼ of them before you even start this cheesecake recipe!
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2- 8ounce packages (454g)
- Pumpkin Puree 1 cup (250g)
- Light Brown Sugar 1½ cup (315g)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice 3 teaspoons (8g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- EnerG Egg Replacer 5 teaspoons (20g)
- Warm Water 6 tablespoons (90ml)
- FOR THE CRUST:
- Gingersnap Cookies enough to make 1½ cups of crumbs
- Coconut Oil 2 Tablespoons (30ml)
- FOR THE GINGERSNAP PUMPKIN BUTTERCREAM:
- ¼ Recipe Vegan Buttercream
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps finely ground
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Combine the egg replacer with the warm water, whisk smooth
- Combine the brown sugar with the pumpkin pie spice and work it through
- Prepare the crust with the cookies and melted coconut oil, press into the bottom of the greased and parchment lined pan. Freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Cream the vegan cream cheese smooth, add the brown sugar and spices
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract and then the egg replacer mixture last, mix smooth
- Pour into crust and bake in a preheated 345°F oven for approx 60minutes.
- It will look bubbly and suspicious! Don't be alarmed!
- Cool in the oven for about 30 minutes with the oven off and door slightly cracked.
- Then cool overnight in the refrigerator to set to firm.
- Unmold then garnish with gingersnap pumpkin buttercream and more gingersnap cookies