At first glance this cheesecake may look country style or a bit rustic with it’s dripping mounds of blueberry topping.
This White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake combines 3 luscious flavors and packs them into a graham cracker crust for the most sophisticated palette pleaser you will ever experience!
Creamy white chocolate cheesecake is perfection with blueberries.
The sweet and the tart playing together in harmony with a back splash of hominess that the classic graham cracker crust brings.
It’s as if you are not sure if you should wear heels to the picnic!
This cheesecake makes you feel like you are at a black tie event ~ yet in the comfort of your summer cutoffs and bare feet!
Obviously by this versatile description, you can see this cake will stand up at any event.
So if it’s black tie ballroom you are serving~ I would go for the Godiva liquor addition for sure!
But if this is going to be your last summer shindig in the backyard with the family, may I suggest a zest of lemon to brighten the affair?
Either way I know you are going to love this new recipe!
I do get so many questions about substitutions on the sour cream.
You can use yogurt or heavy cream in place of it or just leave it out altogether.
Any of those 3 ingredients will lend an added layer of creaminess to this cheesecake, but for those who like a bit more dense, sturdy New York style cheesecake just leave it out!
Read to the bottom for the VEGAN VERSION!
Any crushed cookie will work for the crust if you do not have graham crackers
Prepare an 8" X 3" cake pan with pan grease and a parchment paper liner
If Spring form pans are your preference that is fine, click here for my thoughts on the spring form pan
- Cream Cheese 3-8oz packages (670g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Eggs large 5 (250g)
- Sour Cream ½ cup (120g)
- White Chocolate 8oz (approx 1¼ cup) (224g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Godiva Liquor 1 Tablespoon (15ml) *optional
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs 2½ cups
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Unsalted Butter 8 Tablespoons
- For the blueberry topping:
- 1 Pint Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 0-¼ cup granulated sugar
- Prepare the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and melted butter and work it until it resembles wet sand
- Press it into the bottom and sides of the prepare pan then freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
- Cream the cream cheese smooth and then add the granulated sugar, mix on low speed until combined
- Be sure to always scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl often while mixing this entire recipe to avoid lumps
- Combine the eggs with the vanilla and the optional godiva liquor
- Add the eggs one at a time to the cream cheese mixture allowing each one to mix in before adding another.
- Add the melted white chocolate and mix smooth
- Add the sour cream last mix smooth
- Pour the batter into the prepared graham cracker crust
- Bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for the first 15 minutes then turn the temperature down to 300°F for another 60 to 90 minutes or until it is done click here for how to know when your cheesecake is done
- Cool completely then refrigerate overnight before un-molding
- Prepare the blueberry topping by cooking the blueberries with the water and optional sugar over a low heat for approximately 15-20 minutes or until compote consistency
- Cool and then pour over the top of the cheesecake
- Whipped Cream and white chocolate shavings are optional garnishes